Michael Schumacher second championship win did not always make for riveting viewing.
But there were some controversial clashes with Damon Hill (Britain, Italy) and a few truly excellent races (Belgium, Europe).
The 1995 video, like the 1994 one, represents a significant step forward in the level of detail provided by the FOCA reviews, especially in terms of covering the action lower down the field. Race highlights are interspersed with relevant and interesting featurettes.
The incidental music remains downright awful though, and the commentary is dull at best.
The simmering Schumacher-Hill rivalry makes for great viewing, even if it rapidly becomes very one-sided. But it does showcase some of Schumacher’s very best drives.
Best bit: Hill’s bold, if optimistic, lunge at Schumacher at Priory bend at Silverstone that pitched both drivers into the gravel. He repeated the feat at Monza…
F1 Fanatic verdict
- “Benetton: Rebels of Formula 1” book reviewed
- “EA WRC” – Codemasters’ first official World Rally Championship game reviewed
- ‘Charles Leclerc’ and ‘Lando Norris’ biographies reviewed
- “Tyrrell: The story of the Tyrrell Racing Organisation” reviewed
- “F1 Manager 23” reviewed – A successful upgrade package?
- ‘F1 23’ reviewed: Do new additions and return of story mode make it a must-buy?
- The F1 22 flaws EA Sports need to fix to make F1 23 a must-buy
- “Surviving to Drive” by Guenther Steiner reviewed
- “Formula 1 Technology – The Engineering Explained” book reviewed
- “Ferrari: 1960-65 – The Hallowed Years” book reviewed