The Toyota TF109 has become the second Formula 1 car to break cover this year. Toyota used a live online launch to unveil their eighth car to contest the F1 world championship.
The team finished fifth in the constructors’ championship last year thanks to the efforts of drivers Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock. They scored one podium finish each: Trulli with third in France and a second place for Glock in Hungary which was their best result of the season. The same two drivers remain at the team for 2009.
The TF109 has been built to new technical regulations introduced for the 2009 season. Cars are now required to have much simpler bodywork, wider front wings and tall, narrow rear wings. The changes are intended to aid overtaking.
More pictures and video of the Toyota TF109 below.
Toyota TF109 pictures
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix practice in pictures
- First pictures from the 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix weekend
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day three: Bahrain
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day two: Bahrain