Pirelli concluded their series of private tests with a wet weather tyre test at Abu Dhabi. Unusually, the test was run under lights during the night.
F1 has never had a wet night race before, and the pictures and video from the test below give an impression of what one would look like.
Pirelli’s Formula One team director Paul Hembery said the purpose of the test was to evaluate how the tyres would perform on a hot but wet track.
“It is seven months since we started developing our tyres and five since we started with the actual testing,” said Hembery. “We are very satisfied with the results so far and we have also collected very positive feedback from the teams.”
“Soon it will be time to get started in Spain where the first official test of the season will take place. We will use this opportunity to gather more feedback from teams and drivers and be ready for the Bahrain Grand Prix in March.”
Pedro de la Rosa was at the wheel’s of Pirelli’s Toyota TF109. The team also continued their slick tyre tests.
Pirelli wet tyre test pictures
- 2023 post-season F1 testing at Yas Marina in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice in pictures
- Yas Marina’s new podium and more pictures from the build-up to the Abu Dhabi GP