Interlagos, the home of the Brazilian Grand Prix, has seen its second fatal crash in as many weeks.
Paulo Kunze died this morning from injuries sustained in a crash at the circuit on Sunday. The 67-year-old’s Stock Paulista car hit the barriers at Curva do Sol and rolled several times.
It comes two weeks after Gustavo Sondermann lost his life following a crash on the start/finish straight.
In the wake of Sondermann’s crash the race organisers announced changes to the run-off at the circuit in time for this year’s F1 race.
Felipe Massa paid tribute to Sondermann during the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend, carrying the driver’s name on his crash helmet.
Thanks to Aldo Gamboa for the tip.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Images © Red Bull/Getty images, Ferrari