Renault have promoted Bruno Senna to their race team as of this weekend.
A statement issued by the team on Wednesday said: “Lotus Renault GP is pleased to announce that Bruno Senna will race alongside Vitaly Petrov at this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
“Bruno will attend the Official FIA Press Conference tomorrow at 15.00.
“A press release with further details on the matter will be issued tomorrow morning.”
He joins the team in place of Nick Heidfeld, who has been driving for the team as a substitute for the injured Robert Kubica.
Senna and Heidfeld drove for the team in pre-season testing before Heidfeld was given Kubica’s place.
Team principal Eric Boullier indicated his dissatisfaction with the team’s performance earlier this year. Senna drove Heidfeld’s car during the first practice session in Hungary.
Senna is one of the team’s two third drivers along with GP2 championship leader Romain Grosjean.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image © Renault/LAT