The traditional Spa-Francorchamps rain is forecast for the first day of practice for this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
The band of rain passing over the area can be seen in these radar images.
Conditions should improve over the following days. A slight risk of rain will remain but dry conditions are expected for qualifying and race day.
It will be a cool weekend and it won’t get warmer as the weather gets drier. While temperatures should break 20C on Friday they’ll be down into the mid-teens by Sunday.
But as we’ve seen so often in the part, conditions can change very quickly in the region.
Location of Spa-Francorchamps
2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- In the Paddock Club and in the stands at Spa
- Leimer’s crash and in the pits at McLaren – fans’ videos from Spa
- 2011 Belgian Grand Prix: complete race review
- Vote for your Belgian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Newey relieved after “scariest race ever”
- McLaren: Button hit by debris in first-lap scare
- Ferrari: Harder tyres still the car’s weakness
- Mercedes: Schumacher climbs 19 places to fifth
- Renault: Petrov buoyed by R31 upgrades
Image ?é?® Mercedes