HRT has secured sponsorship from Indian moped and scooter manufacturer Hero Motors for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Narain Karthikeyan has been tipped to return to a race seat with the team for his home event but is yet to be confirmed.
Hero Motors said it will “display its logo on Narain?óÔé¼Ôäós racing car in the Grand Prix as a token of its strong association with the event.”
Karthikeyan said: “Formula 1 is in its nascent stage in India with great potential waiting to be explored. I hope with the support from Hero Motors we will be able to scale new milestones in the times to come.”
Hero Motors managing director Pankaj Munjal added: “Hero Motors is committed to be amongst the first Indian corporate houses to compete in the Indian Grand Prix and we are indeed very proud to be associated with Narain Karthikeyan and Hispania Racing Team (HRT).
“The alliance with the HRT will provide a unique platform for the group to communicate its extensive of competencies to a global audience.”
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out