In the round-up: The organisers of the Indian Grand Prix believe they have settled the customs problems affecting the race.
Top F1 links from the past 24 hours:
“The organisers of the Indian Grand Prix on Wednesday said that they have “in-principal approval” for custom exemption and they are even ready to pay whatever duty is required to hold the October 30 F1 race.”
Stefano Domenicali: “We have stopped the development [of the car]. It is very, very, very, very, very difficult now.”
“Reserve driver Valtteri Bottas, who clinched the GP3 championship at Monza last Saturday, was on driving duty during the test, which was due to be held last week but had to be cancelled because of weather conditions.”
“I will not drive in FP1 in Singapore because the team wants to give Adrian [Sutil] and Paul [di Resta] more track time and I understand and accept the decision. […] Hope I can race with Force India but the team will decide it not before December so I must wait.”
Via the F1 Fanatic live Twitter app
“We struggled in general with the car’s performance over the weekend. You can see that our philosophy has changed, and we were benefiting in other races beforehand, at the higher downforce tracks. Monza was difficult and we were fighting all the way.”
Follow F1 news as it breaks using the F1 Fanatic live Twitter app.
Comment of the day
Rajdeep was at Monza last weekend and posted a huge comment describing his experiences, including this cracking anecdote:
When I was coming out of the Parabolica looking for an exit to get out, I saw a family cycle down in to the pit lane. So I decided to follow them.
However, just a few meters in, I saw all the cars in the parc ferme. There were a couple of marshals who were taking some photos.
I thought I’d take some photos too and went on to lean on the gate to do that. But the gate was unlocked and it opened up just as I leaned on it. The marshals told me to come in and take photos close up. A few other people joined in as well.
It was pure fun! I could’ve got into the cars if I wanted. But I guess that’d have been too much. It was almost ten minutes before someone from the FIA came and told us to get out. But those 10 mins were amazing!
From the forum
On this day in F1
In a poll conducted one year ago today, less than 5% of F1 Fanatic readers believed Sebastian Vettel was going to win the world championship that season.
Mark Webber was the favourite at that point, ahead of Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button.