Plans for a second Grand Prix in the United States of America were formally announced today.
A street race at New Jersey will join the F1 calendar in 2013 with the title Grand Prix of America.
It will join the Unites States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas which is due to join the calendar next year. It will potentially increase the number of races on the F1 calendar in 2013 to 21.
The event organisers confirmed a ten-year deal to hold the race and revealed the revised 5.15km (3.2 mile) clockwise street circuit:
The USA last held two F1 races in 1984, when street races in Detroit and Dallas were held within two weeks of each other.
F1 in New York
- New Jersey Grand Prix expected to be announced on Tuesday
- New plans for New York Grand Prix track in 2013
- Ecclestone still chasing New York dream
- New York F1 track plans revealed – Jersey City bids for 2012 night race
- Whitmarsh: F1 needs more than one race in the USA
Image © Williams/LAT