One of my favourite new features on the site is the ability for F1 Fanatic to pick which drivers and teams they support.
With that in mind, I’ve had a look who you’ve picked so far and compiled this look at the most popular drivers and teams on F1 Fanatic right now.
Keep in mind these figures are not set in stone – they will change as more people join in on the site and others shift their allegiances between drivers and teams.
- Jenson Button is the most popular driver among F1 Fanatic readers right now. Around one in eight F1 Fanatics (12.4%) who’ve used the site since the new version was launched picked him as a driver they’re supporting.
- Kamui Kobayashi’s third place in the list underlines his reputation as a fan favourite.
- Robert Kubica may not have raced this year but he’s far from forgotten and well inside the top ten.
- Despite only having entered F1 mid-season, Daniel Ricciardo already had more than 50 fans
- Some people picked only one driver, others picked as many as ten or more
- To find out how many people support each driver, type their name into the search box and select results for members
- McLaren are way out in front – Having the two most popular drivers probably helps!
- Support is spread quite evenly among the remaining teams, with Lotus a surprise third. Will they still be as popular when they become Caterham?
- HRT and Virgin have failed to win many fans here so far.
- To find out how many people support each team, type their name into the search box and select results for members
What year you started watching F1
|Number of F1 Fanatics who started watching in this year||4||0||0||2||1||0||2||1||0||1||1||2||0||3||5||4||3||5||2||1||6||3||4||1||1||3||12||6||6||7||12||8||7||4||13||23||24||14||20||19||34||27||35||22||55||35||49||41||53||45||44||16||20||23||25||30||29||60||34||29||27||12|
Most of us started watching F1 in the last 20 years.
But there’s plenty of F1 Fanatics whose memories stretch back far further – some even as far as the first years of the world championship.
Over to you
This is a snapshot of which drivers and teams are the most popular at the moment – but how will it look in a few months’ time? We’ll take another look at who’s earning your support again in the future.
You can change your selections at any time. Just log in and go to go to My Account > Profile > Edit > F1 teams and drivers.
Are you in the majority or minority when it comes to which drivers and teams you support? Have you changed your allegiance recently? Have your say in the comments.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles