Kamui Kobayashi is wearing a special helmet for this weekend’s race.
The design created by Linkin Park is to raise money for international aid for victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami through Music for Relief.
Vitantonio Liuzzi is also using a very unusual special helmet design for this race. Here’s what his team had to say about it:
“It is the seventh special edition designed this season by Kaos Design, but this new helmet is different to the rest and will be different to anything seen before in Formula 1. With a completely black base, the characteristic lines which Tonio has on his standard helmet will be drawn in white with the sponsors and VL logo written in golden leaves.
“The name of the helmet is ‘K-Writeme’ and it is covered in a material similar to that of a blackboard meaning that Tonio can write and erase what he wants on the surface until he is happy with the design.”
Here are pictures from Thursday at Interlagos.
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day two: Bahrain
- Pictures: Ferrari’s new SF-24 uncovered as testing begins
- Pictures: Red Bull’s slim sidepod inlets and novel air ducts revealed at test
- Pictures: New views of Mercedes W15 running in Bahrain test
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day one: Bahrain
- “Already a couple of steps improvement to last year”: RB 01’s first run in pictures
- First pictures: Alonso and Stroll complete first laps in new Aston Martin AMR24
- Pictures: The highs and lows of Haas’ eight years under Guenther Steiner
- 2023 post-season F1 testing at Yas Marina in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures
Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Motioncompany