Hulkenberg will join Paul di Resta in the team’s race-line up for next season.
The news leaves Adrian Sutil without a race seat having spent the last five years with the team.
Team principal Vijay Mallya said: “Our new line-up means we say ‘goodbye’ to Adrian Sutil, who has been with the team since we entered the sport. He has been an integral part of our success over the past four seasons and we wish him well for the future.”
Mallya added: “In Paul and Nico we have two extremely talented drivers with tremendous potential.
“I think Paul caught the eye of everybody in the pit lane during his rookie season. His speed, maturity and racecraft confirmed that we were right to believe in him and we look forward to working with him again next year.
“As for Nico, we identified him as a rising star at the end of 2010 and chose to evaluate him during the course of this season. Despite having only limited time in the car, he convinced us that he deserved a race seat for 2012.”
Hulkenberg said: “I?óÔé¼Ôäóm obviously delighted to be staying with Sahara Force India and to be given the chance to race next year.
“It wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót easy to watch from the sidelines this season, but I did my best to help the team and show what I was capable of. I?óÔé¼Ôäóm extremely motivated for 2012 and would like to thank everyone for believing in me and giving me this chance.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóm keen to get down to work over the winter to develop our new car and help the team build on this year?óÔé¼Ôäós achievements. The first test in Jerez can?óÔé¼Ôäót come soon enough.”
Di Resta said: “I?óÔé¼Ôäóve said all along that I love being part of this team: they are ambitious, hungry for success and we work well together. I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really excited about 2012 and there is a real sense of belief that we can continue to push the top teams and take another step forward.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams.
2012 F1 season
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team