McLaren are set to launch their 2012 F1 car today. F1 Fanatic will have pictures of the car as soon as it appears.
Top F1 links from the past 24 hours:
“Still gobsmacked by the Sutil decision given that CCTV showed the other guy attacked first and Adrian just tried to push him away. Also worrying when judge makes it clear that outcome influenced by the fact he was famous. Funny kind of justice in Germany…”
“Sutil disappointed about Hamilton not showing up at the trial in Munich. ‘It would have been a nice gesture by him.'”
“The Williams-Renault FW34 will be revealed on February 7th. Toro Rosso launch the STR7 on February 6th at Jerez. Added to the F1 Fanatic Calendar.”
“Lotus has boosted its management structure with the appointment of Thomas Mayer as its new chief operating officer.”
Follow F1 news as it breaks using the F1 Fanatic live Twitter app.
Comment of the day
I don’t always agree with the comments I choose for Comment of the Day – but I’m behind this one from The Limit one hundred percent:
I hope Rubens Barrichello gives Indycar a go, he’s still got what it takes and it would be a great thing for American open-wheel racing to have a driver of his standing in the series.
As a die-hard Indy fan, there has not been much cheer in recent months since the tragic death of Dan Wheldon. Thank God, at last some possible good news for a change!
From the forum
- The strange case of the disappearing McLaren story
- Who remembers 2006 backmarkers Midland? One of their cars is appearing in an episode of Suits
- Lotus LMP2 contender for WEC revealed – looks good, but are they spreading themselves too thinly?
Happy birthday to Cliffery, Kutigz and pmelton!
On this day in F1
One-third of the 2011 F1 field decided to launch their cars on the same day last year – including the eventual world champions Red Bull:
- Red Bull RB7 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Williams FW33 revealed – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launch – first pictures
Image © McLaren