Pirelli have announced the tyre compounds which will be available at the first three races of the 2012 season.
F1’s official tyre supplier will bring softer selections from their range for the opening races, compared to those which were used last year.
Pirelli have previously announced their 2012 soft, medium and hard compounds are softer than those used last year.
The tyre choices for the first three races are as follows:
|Race||2012 tyre compounds||2011 tyre compounds|
|Australian Grand Prix||Soft/medium||Soft/hard|
|Malaysian Grand Prix||Medium/hard||Soft/hard|
|Chinese Grand Prix||Soft/medium||Soft/hard|
2012 F1 season
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles