Kimi Raikkonen used the helmet design of one of his fellow world championship winners during practice in Monaco today.
The Lotus driver wore the black helmet design used by James Hunt, world champion in 1976.
It’s not the first time Raikkonen has acknowledged the legacy of Hunt, who died in 1993. Shortly before his debut for Ferrari in 2007 Raikkonen entered a snowmobile race using ‘James Hunt’ as a pseudonym.
Meanwhile Raikkonen has been refused permission to compete in the Rally of Finland by Lotus team principal Eric Boullier.
Presumably someone at Enstone will now be tasked with keeping as eye on the rally’s entry list for the appearance of another ‘James Hunt’…
2012 Monaco Grand Prix
- Webber wins close Monaco Driver of the Weekend vote
- Monaco GP receives lowest rating of 2012 so far
- Williams were capable of top five in Monaco, says Gillan
- Top ten pictures from the Monaco Grand Prix
- Vote for your 2012 Monaco GP driver of the weekend
Image © Lotus F1 Team/LAT