Nico Rosberg will take a five-place penalty on the grid for the German Grand Prix.
Mercedes found a problem with his race gearbox after the British Grand Prix and it will have to be changed.
“Unfortunately we have to change my race gearbox here as a precaution after discovering an issue after Silverstone,” said Rosberg.
“So I will receive a five-place penalty which is a shame for our home race but I will push hard to gain a good result. As we have seen this season, a lot can happen in the race.”
2012 German Grand Prix
- Fans’ videos from the 2012 German Grand Prix
- German GP Driver of the Weekend: Fernando Alonso
- Montezemolo “more concerned” after German GP win
- Clear win for Ionutf1fanatic in Predictions Championship
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 German Grand Prix
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei