Toto Wolff has become an executive director at Williams, moving up from his previous position of non-executive director.
Wolff’s role will involve supporting Frank Williams as team principal.
Williams said: “Toto?óÔé¼Ôäós new role, working closely alongside myself, is about Williams looking forward and managing the successful running of the company.
“I am looking forward to our new working relationship and I have every belief that this partnership will help take Williams F1 from strength to strength.”
Williams recently lost its chairman Adam Parr who resigned from the team in March.
Wolff, whose wife Susie became the team’s development driver in April, said: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós a great honour for me to be assisting and supporting Sir Frank in his role as Team Principal at Williams.
“I have been a shareholder in the business since 2009 and I am really looking forward to being able to take my responsibilities to a new level. I know that together we will work tirelessly to make the group and team as successful as it can be.”
2012 F1 season
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT