Given Fernando Alonso’s performances in the wet this year Ferrari might have preferred a drop or two of rain for their home race.
But the Monza weather looks unlikely to oblige. F1 is set for its first fully dry race weekend since the European Grands Prix, following rain-hit events at Silverstone, Hockenheim, Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps.
The forecast for the three days ahead looks very settled, with little to no chance of rain.
Some cloud cover on Friday will constrain temperatures, though they should still reach around 25C. Qualifying and race day should see more sunshine and slightly higher temperatures.
Location of Monza
See the location of every race on the 2012 F1 calendar here:
2012 Italian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- Rate the Race Results: 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Italian Grand Prix
- ZanteX takes Predictions Championship lead
- Vote for your Italian GP Driver of the Weekend
Image © Red Bull/Getty images