Mark Webber has lost the point he scored in the Singapore Grand Prix after being handed a penalty.
The stewards gave the Red Bull driver a 20-second time penalty after going off the track while overtaking Kamui Kobayashi.
Webber was given a drive-through penalty which, because it is applied after the race, becomes a 20-second penalty.
Webber’s penalty promotes Kobayashi’s team mate Sergio Perez to tenth place and the final championship point.
The stewards’ report said: “Notwithstanding that the distance by which car two left the circuit was minimal, advantage was gained hence a breach did in fact occur.
“Such a breach has consistently attracted a drive-through penalty.”
2012 Singapore Grand Prix
- Hamilton edges Di Resta as top Singapore driver
- Rate the Race Result: 2012 Singapore Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the Singapore Grand Prix
- Williams positive despite “extremely frustrating” race
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images