A circuit representative told F1 Fanatic the race organisers hope to conclude a deal covering to 2017 to 2021 seasons next year.
Potential alterations to the Hungaroring’s layout to improve overtaking opportunities were discussed at the meeting, with the possibility of F1 drivers giving their input into any changes. The circuit was last altered in 2003.
Improvements to medical and spectator facilities at the track are also planned.
Hungary held its first Grand Prix in 1986. The new contract would see it remain on the calendar for a total of 36 seasons.
2012 F1 season
- Which was F1’s best down-to-the-wire title fight?
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image © Red Bull/Getty images