Michael Schumacher will return to racing at the wheel of a go-kart in the WSK Euro Series.
Schumacher will drive for the Tony Kart team in the KZ1 category at the La Conca circuit in Italy on Sunday. See video of him testing at the track above.
Among the 44-yer-old seven-times F1 champion’s rivals is 15-year-old Max Verstappen, son of Schumacher’s 1994 Benetton team mate Jos Verstappen.
Schumacher won the German and European karting championships in 1987, four years before he made his Formula One debut for Jordan.
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles