But the race, which served as an extra opportunity for Italy’s Tifosi to cheer on their beloved Ferraris, disappeared from the calendar in 2006.
Although the Imola circuit will forever be associated with the tragic events of 1994 the track remained a popular venue despite the many changes made to it following that dark weekend.
How good is your knowledge of this lost classic from the F1 calendar? Test your recollection of the San Marino Grand Prix with this new F1 Fanatic quiz:
If you’ve not taken one of our quizzes before, have a quick look at this quick guide first:
You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:
If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found below:
How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!
F1 Fanatic Quizzes
- Take the F1 Fanatic 2017 end-of-season quiz
- Quiz: How much do you remember of Massa’s F1 career?
- Quiz: How well do you remember Malaysia’s 19 F1 races?
- Quiz: Do you remember these 20 team radio messages?
- Test your knowledge on ten years of F1 with this new quiz
Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes
Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo