Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said the Spanish Grand Prix was an especially demanding race “because of the unique characteristics of this circuit”.
Hembery said the layout of the Circuit de Catalunya led to “high levels of degradation, which should not be seen again to this extent for the rest of the year”.
“Our aim is to have between two and three stops at every race, so it’s clear that four is too many,” he said. “In fact, it’s only happened once before, in Turkey during our first year in the sport.”
“We’ll be looking to make some changes, in time for Silverstone, to make sure that we maintain our target and solve any issues rapidly.”
2013 Spanish Grand Prix
- Why the Spanish GP was better in person than on TV
- Ferrari one-two in Spanish GP Driver of the Weekend
- Spanish Grand Prix gets lowest rating of 2013 so far
- 2013 Spanish Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ferrari join Lotus in criticising tyre revisions
Image © Pirelli/LAT