James Calado, who was the leading rookie in last year’s GP2 championship, will drive for Force India having previously performed straight-line aerodynamic testing for them.
“As a graduate of the Racing Steps Foundation, his talent and determination have brought him to our attention and this is the ideal occasion to evaluate him further,” said team owner Vijay Mallya.
Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta will conduct tyre testing in the VJM06.
Toro Rosso will evaluate three young drivers including Carlos Sainz Jnr, who will also drive for Red Bull at the test.
Daniil Kvyat will have his first run in a Toro Rosso on Friday afternoon. Johnny Cecotto Jnr will spend all of Wednesday at the wheel of the STR8.
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles