The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Horner collects Red Bull’s championship trophy and dedicates it to Mateschitz
- “Brabham” Formula 1 documentary reviewed
- Video exclusive: Haas team principal Guenther Steiner talks to RaceFans
- New videos show fans’ views of Singapore start crash which claimed both Ferraris
- New video of Ricciardo’s qualifying crash
Browse all F1 videos