The teams will have four days on, four days off and four days on again as they complete their preparations for the first race of the season in Melbourne next month.
It’s a crucial test for the Renault-powered teams who were blighted by unreliability at the first test in Jerez. That is especially true for reigning champions Red Bull/
Meanwhile Lotus’s E22 is scheduled to have its first run in anger after being shaken down in a filming day at Jerez last week. Romain Grosjean will be at the wheel today.
Also expected on-track today are Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. Join us via links below for live comments throughout the test.
2014 F1 season
- Which was F1’s best down-to-the-wire title fight?
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © McLaren/Hoch Zwei