Stickers attached to the tyres will monitor the maximum surface temperature reached when teams warm their tyres in blankets.
“Pirelli prescribes a maximum temperature of 110C (230F), which should not be exceeded at any point before the tyre takes to the track,” Formula One’s official tyre supplier said in a statement.
“The FIA will ensure that this limit is respected, together with the minimum tyre pressures when leaving the pits and maximum camber levels on the track.”
The FIA will introduce a new rule next year banning the use of tyre warmers.
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Pirelli/LAT