McLaren were originally planning to run Oliver Turvey and Stoffel Vandoorne during the test, but made a late decision to put Kevin Magnussen in the car for both days.
Three teams will take turn conducting tyre testing for Pirelli during the two days of running. Caterham are doing so with Robin Frijns today, Mercedes and Williams will do so tomorrow.
Pirelli are evaluating new developments for their 2014 tyres at this test.
*Pirelli tyre testing
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Red Bull/Getty