Mercedes has announced technical director Bob Bell will leave the team and he will not be replaced.
The team confirmed Bell resigned his position last December “with the intention of pursuing new challenges outside the company”.
Bell joined Mercedes from Renault at the beginning of 2011.
Mercedes said their executive director of technical Paddy Lowe will take over Bell’s responsibilities.
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei