Pastor Maldonado has been given a reprimand for failing to reattach the steering wheel on his Lotus after he stopped during qualifying.
Maldonado was told by his team to stop the car following his last flying lap in Q1 due to a problem with the turbo intake. The stewards noted that although he left the car in a safe place he did not reattach its steering wheel, as drivers are required to do by the rules, so that marshals can move the car.
Maldonado’s reprimand is his first of the season.
The stewards also confirmed Esteban Gutierrez will start the race from the pit lane after Sauber changed his chassis and gearbox following is crash during final practice.
Kamui Kobayashi has also been given a five-place penalty for a gearbox change, which moves him down to 21st place behind team mate Marcus Ericsson.
2014 Canadian Grand Prix
- Stewards confirm review of Perez-Massa collision
- Stewards to investigate Massa-Perez crash again
- 2014 Canadian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Canadian GP judged best race of the year so far
- First win and first Driver of the Weekend for Ricciardo
Image © Lotus/LAT