While the basic configuration of the circuit has changed little since then, when it was called the A1-Ring, it has been brought up to date by the addition of two DRS zones, each with their own activation point.
Significantly the longest flat-out section of the circuit, which links turns one and two, will not have a DRS zone. It does feature the first of two detection points, and drivers can activate DRS shortly after leaving turn two.
The other activation zone is on the start/finish straight, with the detection point between the last two corners.
2014 Austrian Grand Prix
- Bottas wins Driver of the Weekend after first podium
- F1’s return to Austria produced a middling race
- 2014 Austrian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2014 Austrian GP Predictions Championship results
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Austrian Grand Prix
Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo