Mercedes dominated the mid-fifites in the world championship much as they are doing today with their W196 in open-wheel and streamliner form. Examples of each are in action at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Some less successful F1 machines are also present: BRM’s 16-cylinder P15 sounded spectacular but was outclassed on the track.
Unusual and obscure F1 cars often reappear at Goodwood and the Derrington-Francis cars based on an ATS chassis is an example: it only raced once.
Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Vettel to drive sustainably-fuelled F1 cars at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- F1 action at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Lotus 43: F1’s only 16-cylinder race-winner
- Goodwood Festival 2015: F1 cars of the 2000s
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Nineties F1 cars
Image © F1 Fanatic | f1fanatic.co.uk