However the forecasts for this weekend’s action increasingly point towards three dry days of running, albeit without the September sunshine normally associated with the last European race of the season.
Conditions will be warm, regularly hitting the 25C mark over the course of the next three days. But the sun will only make intermittent appearances through the cloud cover.
The cloud will begin to break up by Sunday, meaning the race should see the best conditions of the weekend.
Location of Monza
See the location of every race on the 2014 F1 calendar here:
2014 Italian Grand Prix
- Hamilton voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Monza keeps up F1’s run of satisfying races
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Alex makes perfect prediction to claim top prize
Image © Williams/LAT