Marcus Ericsson will start the Italian Grand Prix from the pit lane after incurring a penalty during qualifying.
Ericsson had qualified in last place but has been ordered to start from the pits after being penalised for driving too quickly past double waved yellow flags during final practice, Caterham confirmed.
“I’m disappointed with the result but we will certainly fight back tomorrow,” said Ericsson.
“This morning in FP3 we had a small problem with the engine before the performance run, so we didn’t get to do a proper run on the [medium] tyres and therefore we went into qualifying a bit blind, unfortunately. Everything worked fine in the afternoon, but we struggled to get the most out of the car.
“We need to look at the data tonight and see where we can improve compared to Kamui [Kobayashi].”
2014 Italian Grand Prix
- Hamilton voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Monza keeps up F1’s run of satisfying races
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Sponsor watch: 2014 Italian Grand Prix
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript
Image © Caterham/LAT