Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler won the race last year for Audi, but the two-car Toyota pairing of Anthony Davidson and Sebastien Buemi were victorious last time out for Toyota in Japan.
Meanwhile Porsche are still hunting the first victory of their comeback season.
F1 Fanatic Live combines updates from the teams and drivers in real-time via Twitter with comments from F1 Fanatic readers and more.
World Endurance Championship
- First IndyCar, next stop Formula E and WEC? Why McLaren is branching out beyond F1
- Ricciardo nearly joined 2015 Le Mans-winning car
- Toyota take third consecutive Le Mans victory as LMP1 era ends
- Peugeot reveals first images of 2022 Le Mans Hypercar project
- Analysis: What would a Ferrari IndyCar or WEC project look like?
Image © Toyota