It has begun a crowdfunding drive seeking donations towards its goal. Caterham says it is “giving both fans and sponsors a unique opportunity to be the driving force behind the team by crowdfunding its return to the grid in exchange for once-in-a-lifetime rewards”.
Caterham went into administration following the Russian Grand Prix. The team was sold by Tony Fernandes to Engavest in July. However the two parties became involved in a dispute over responsibility for the team last month.
The team did not compete in the previous round in America and is not in Brazil for this weekend’s race. However if it reaches its donations target within eight days the team believes it can “go racing in Abu Dhabi and hopefully beyond”.
2014 F1 season
- Which was F1’s best down-to-the-wire title fight?
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Image © Caterham/LAT