Carlos Sainz Jnr, who is in contention for a seat at Toro Rosso next year, will test for Red Bull in Abu Dhabi next week.
The team has confirmed Sainz will drive the RB10 on day one of the two-day test at Yas Marina on Tuesday. Daniel Ricciardo will take over on Wednesday.
Sainz won the Formula Renault 3.5 championship this year and the test forms part of his prize.
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Image © Red Bull/Getty