The 2014 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship – and the top prize of an F1 Brake Disc Clock worth £499 from Memento Exclusives – was won by @Brouard21.
A perfect score at the second round of the season and ten further double-digit points hauls over the rest of the campaign gave them a healthy 18-point win over second-placed @Attakorn, who gets to choose one of Ro bIjbema’s Car-a-Day paintings as a prize.
The final race winner of the year was @Jarig, who wins a copy of Codemasters’ F1 2014 as well as a Pirelli podium cap. Here are the final 2014 winners in full:
Abu Dhabi winners
|First||@Jarig||A Pirelli podium cap|
|Codemasters’ F1 2014|
|Second||@Jonb||A Grand Prix Heroes DVD|
|@Rrmistri||A Pirelli tyres wristband|
|Third||A Pirelli tyres wristband|
Here are the predictions from the top-scoring players in this round:
F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship 2014 - Abu Dhabi
Most popular predictions: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
|Most popular pick||% of players|
|Pole Position||Lewis Hamilton||58.0%|
More Predictions Championship statistics from this race here:
The F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship will be back in 2015 with more fantastic Formula One prizes to be won.
2014 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship prize details
Formula One Brake Disc Clock from Memento Exclusives
No ordinary timepiece, this unique clock could survive temperatures exceeding 1000 degrees Celsius and slow an F1 car reaching speeds in excess of 200 mph!
Produced for the Renault 2009 F1 cars, as driven by Alonso and Grosjean, these brake discs have real F1 credentials and make an impressive statement for your wall. Memento Exclusives worked in partnership with the Lotus F1 team to bring these brake discs out of retirement and give them a second life as stylish clocks.
Each clock measures 278mm in diameter and 28mm deep; conforming to FIA brake disc regulations and maintains its original titanium bell and bolts. Comes complete with official Lotus F1 team Certificate of Authenticity. Worth £499!
- Memento Exclusives are the F1 memorabilia specialists. They take genuine, race-used F1 car parts and give them amazing, yet practical transformations! View their shop
Car-a-Day painting by Rob Ijbema
The overall second place finisher will win one of Rob Ijbema’s vivid and colourful Formula One paintings.
The lucky winner will be able to choose which Formula One driver, present or past, will feature in their painting.
Alternatively you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site which includes a huge selection of F1 imagery plus sports cars, rally cars and more:
The player with the highest score in each round will win this brilliant prize from Codemasters.
The team behind the official Formula One game will provide the winner of each race with the brand new official Formula One game F1 2014 for the format of your choice.
The fourth instalment of Codemasters’ official Formula One game series features all the official cars and tracks from the 2014 F1 season including the Red Bull Ring and Sochi Autodrom.
Pirelli podium hats and wristbands
There will be no mistaking who’s won each round of the 2014 Predictions Championship as they will be wearing the same cap as the winner of the race.
Pirelli, the official tyre supplier of Formula One, will give the winner of each race a replica podium cap.
Pirelli will also provide the second and third-placed prize winners for each race with a set of their rubber wristbands.
This official Pirelli product identifies each of the six varieties of tyre used in Formula One: Super Soft, Soft, Medium, Hard, Intermediate and Rain.
Grand Prix Heroes DVDs
The second-placed player in each race will win their choice of one of Duke Video’s Grand Prix Heroes DVDs.
Videos are available on such famous F1 figures as Niki Lauda, James Hunt, Mika Hakkinen, Jackie Stewart, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jody Scheckter, Ronnie Peterson, Peter Revson and Frank Williams.
Duke Video are also offering a special discount to F1 Fanatic readers when you buy the official Formula One season review on Blu-Ray or DVD. The Blu-Ray is available for the discounted price of £17.99 and the DVD for £14.99. You can order them via the link below or use the code F1FAN when you place your order on Duke’s website:
Rules and how to enter
You have until the start of qualifying on Saturday to make your predictions for each round.
To enter, predict the pole sitter and the top five finishers in the race. You can also enter a prediction for the pole position lap time – this may be used as a tie-breaker.
Enter your pole position lap time prediction as follows: MM:SS.ccc
For example, for a lap of one minute, 23.450 seconds you would enter 01:23.450
You need to log in using an F1 Fanatic account to make your prediction.
After submitting your prediction you will receive an email confirming your entry. If this does not happen, or you are concerned your prediction has not been received, please get in touch using the contact form.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Maximum one entry per household.
2. The competition is not open to employees, friends or family of F1 Fanatic, Memento Exclusives, Car-a-Day, Codemasters, Pirelli or Duke Video.
3. Predictions will be promoted on the front page of F1 Fanatic before closing prior to the start of qualifying.
4. In each round players are invited to predict (a) who will be on pole position and (b) what the top five finishers will be (five different drivers) and will score points in each round as follows:
a. Correctly naming the pole sitter: 2 points
b. Correctly naming one/two/three/four/five driver/s who finish in the top five: 1/2/3/5/8 points
c. Correctly predicting where one/two/three/four/five driver/s finish: 2/6/14/24/40 points
d. Double points will not be awarded at any round
5. Whoever scores the most points in every race counting towards the championship wins the grand prize.
6. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined by who is closest to predicting the pole position time correctly. If that fails to produce a winner the editor will choose a means of deciding who has won.
7. Predictions must be entered using the form above. If you have trouble submitting your entry via the form please contact F1 Fanatic via email and send your prediction using the contact form. Predictions will not be accepted via any other means of communication.
8. In the event of a dispute the editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. No cash alternative is offered for any of the prizes.
10. Players who have won prizes will be notified by email within 14 days of the winners being announced..
11. For further information see the disclaimer
2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Eight different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2014
- Sponsor Watch: 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP Driver of the Weekend