Force India is unlikely to appear at the first test of 2015 at Jerez which starts in four days’ time.
An announcement by the team on Twitter indicated they had abandoned plans to use their old car at the test instead of the new chassis, which is not ready yet.
“We have chosen not to run the old (2014) car in Jerez,” it stated. “The learning opportunities would have been limited so the focus is now on Barcelona,” it added.
The second test at the Circuit de Catalunya outside Barcelona starts on February 19th.
Force India revealed a new livery for the forthcoming VJM08 at an event in Mexico City last week. However the team’s new car is yet to be seen.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015