Alonso has returned to McLaren this year and joins Button who enters his sixth year with the team. The team revealed its new car, the MP4-30, earlier today.
“Fernando is a very experienced driver, a very complete driver, as you would expect from someone that’s had so much experience in this sport but also a double world champion,” said Button.
“Which is great for me, I love having a team mate that obviously pushes me hard but also has the experience to give great feedback.”
“So we’ve spent a little bit of time together this year, but not a lot, before testing starts,” he added. “And from what I see in the data from the simulator runs and from the feedback I get from Fernando, I think we like a similar car which is very important for us moving forward in terms of shaping and moulding the car in a certain direction.”
“I’m looking forward to the partnership, hopefully it’s a good one.”
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015