The first race of the 2015 F1 season is just ten days away, and it’s time for our traditional attempt to guess what the year ahead might have in store.
Mercedes’ season of joy meant misery for most of their rivals in 2014. The season ahead is likely to turn on whether Ferrari and Renault reduce their engine performance shortfall, and whether Honda’s first turbocharged F1 engine in a generation can approach the awesome legacy of its predecessors.
World champions Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso begin new chapters in their careers. But at the back of the grid some teams are fighting just to stay in the game.
How will the 2015 season unfold? Post your answers to these 20 questions in the comments – and I’ll add mine shortly.
1. Other than Mercedes, which teams will win races this year?
2. Who will score more points: Sebastian Vettel or Daniil Kvyat?
3. What will be McLaren’s best result?
4. In what order will the three Mercedes customer teams finish in the constructors’ championship?
5. Lap times were 1.5 seconds slower on average in 2014 compared to 2013. How much will they change this year?
6. Which engine manufacturer will score more points: Ferrari or Renault?
7. How many points will Sauber score?
8. Who will win the FIA pole position trophy?
9. At which race will Max Verstappen score his first points (if at all)?
10. Aside from Alonso and Magnussen swapping places, who will be the first driver to be replaced or substituted for a race?
11. And who will take their place?
12. Which driver will collect the most penalty points for driving infringements?
13. Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix?
14. Who will crash out of the most races?
15. Who will finish last in the constructors’ championship?
16. At which race will the drivers’ championship be decided?
17. What will be the biggest political story of the year?
18. What will be the most entertaining race of the year?
19. The constructors’ championship?
Who will win the constructors' championship?
- Sauber (0%)
- Manor (1%)
- Lotus (0%)
- Toro Rosso (0%)
- Force India (0%)
- McLaren (1%)
- Ferrari (2%)
- Williams (1%)
- Red Bull (1%)
- Mercedes (95%)
Total Voters: 371
20. The drivers’ championship?
Who will win the drivers' championship?
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Will Stevens (1%)
- Felipe Nasr (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (0%)
- Pastor Maldonado (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Max Verstappen (0%)
- Sergio Perez (0%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Jenson Button (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (1%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (2%)
- Valtteri Bottas (1%)
- Felipe Massa (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (2%)
- Nico Rosberg (25%)
- Lewis Hamilton (67%)
Total Voters: 378
Here are your answers from previous years:
- The 2014 F1 season in 20 questions
- The 2013 F1 season in 20 questions
- The 2012 F1 season in 20 questions
- The 2011 F1 season in 20 questions
- The 2010 F1 season in 20 questions
If this has whetted your appetite for making some predictions, details of the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship for 2015 are coming soon.
We’ve got some exciting new prizes you won’t want to miss. Make sure you keep up-to-date with F1 Fanatic to find out when the competition opens.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015