The Supreme Court of Victoria dismissed the team’s appeal in a ruling on Thursday afternoon. Sauber was also ordered to pay van der Garde’s legal costs.
However the race weekend entry list issued by the FIA did not include van der Garde. Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr remain Sauber’s nominated drivers.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review