An updated 2015 calendar issued by the sport’s governing body today said the race had been “withdrawn” as “the CRH [commercial rights holder] and promotor [sic] did not reach agreement”. The race was originally supposed to take place at the Nurburgring, and attempts to relocate it to the Hockenheimring failed.
This year’s season will therefore consist of 19 races. There will be a three-week gap between the British and Hungarian races in July.
It is the first time since 1960 Germany will not host a round of the world championship. There was no German Grand Prix in 2007, but the European Grand Prix was held at Germany’s Nurburgring.
Get all the 2015 F1 race, test and launch dates on your mobile device using the F1 Fanatic Calendar
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review