Ocon, who joined Mercedes’ young driver development programme last week, will drive for their engine customer tomorrow at the Spanish track.
The 18-year-old won on his GP3 debut last weekend and currently leads the points standings.
Force India originally intended to run Mercedes reserve driver Pascal Wehrlein today but he is unavailable due to illness, leading the team to bring Nick Yelloly’s planned run forward by one day.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review