Hulkenberg was competing in the race for the first time and shared victory at the wheel of a Porsche 919 with Nick Tandy and Earl Bamber.
Mallya said Hulkenberg’s victory was a clear demonstration of his ability. “The 24 Hours is one of the great spectacles of motorsport,” he said. “It is an amazing race that demands total commitment from drivers and cars.”
“Nico’s performance displayed his immense talent and made all of us at Sahara Force India proud. I truly hope he will be boosted by this success and translate it into another great performance in Austria.”
Force India is preparing to bring an upgraded version of their VJM08 which Mallya says should be ready in time for the British Grand Prix. “We are still on course to introduce an important step in Silverstone next month,” he said.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015