Leimer joined the team as a reserve driver last month and is set to drive Roberto Merhi’s car in tomorrow’s first practice session at the Hungaroring.
“On this most difficult of weekends for the team, I am very appreciative of their decision to continue with my planned FP1 sessionm” said Leimer.
“I’m looking forward to the opportunity and I hope I can make a positive contribution to the engineering programme for the weekend.”
Leimer previously tested for Sauber at Yas Marina in 2011.
2015 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Vettel wins Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Hungary rated fifth-best race since 2008
- 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Vote for your Hungarian GP Driver of the Weekend