All four McLaren and Red Bull drivers, plus Toro Rosso’s Carlos Sainz Jnr, have incurred penalties for power unit changes ahead of this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.
Daniel Ricciardo will be demoted the most places on the grid for this weekend’s race, taking a 25-place penalty after using a sixth engine and fifth turbocharger, MGU-H and MGU-K. Team mate Daniil Kvyat has been penalised 15 places for taking a new engine (his sixth) and turbocharger (his fifth).
Both McLaren drivers have also changed their engines. Fernando Alonso will take a ten-place penalty, as this is the first time he has used a ninth power unit element, while Jenson Button will be moved back five places on the grid, as he had already used a ninth turbocharger and MGU-H.
Carlos Sainz Jnr has also been given a ten-place penalty for using a new engine, his fifth.
2015 Italian Grand Prix
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Perfect Hamilton wins Driver of the Weekend
- Little action in 2015 but Monza remains a favourite
- Mercedes investigation a “misunderstanding” – Pirelli
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript