Ericsson had qualified tenth on the grid, but drops down to 13th as a result of being found guilty of impeding by the stewards following the session.
TV images showed Ericsson clearly obstructing the Force India driver at the Parabolica at the end of Hulkenberg’s first timed lap of Q1. Hulkenberg was also heard complaining about a separate incident with the Sauber at Turn 4 over team radio.
Ericsson was also given two penalty points on his super licence. This brings the Sauber driver up to seven points on his super license.
2015 Italian Grand Prix
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Perfect Hamilton wins Driver of the Weekend
- Little action in 2015 but Monza remains a favourite
- Mercedes investigation a “misunderstanding” – Pirelli
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript