Lewis Hamilton claimed his eighth victory of the year in the Japanese Grand Prix after passing his team mate at the start.
Hamilton brushed Nico Rosberg aside as they went side-by-side through the first corners, leaving Rosberg to fall back to fourth place.
Rosberg reclaimed second place at the finish after passing Valtteri Bottas at the chicane and jumping ahead of Sebastian Vettel via the pits. Bottas subsequently lost fourth place to the other Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen.
Lotus took their second two-car points finish of the year, Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado following Nico Hulkenberg home.
The two Toro Rosso drivers took the final two points places. Fernando Alonso, who repeatedly complained about his engine’s lack of straight-line speed, came within 13 seconds of scoring a point at Honda’s home race.
2015 Japanese Grand Prix
- Verstappen earns plaudits for Japan and Singapore performances
- Sponsor watch: 2015 Singapore and Japanese Grands Prix
- Second-best Singapore GP but lowest score for Suzuka
- 2015 Japanese Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Japanese Grand Prix