Pirelli has confirmed it has agreed a deal to continue as Formula One’s official tyre supplier from 2017 to 2019.
Bernie Ecclestone and Pirelli CEO Marco Tronchetti Provera appeared together on the grid before the start of the Russian Grand Prix to announce the contract extension.
“We’re delighted to confirm that we reached a commercial agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to remain in Formula One for the 2017-2019 period,” said motorsport director Paul Hembery. “The process to the formal FIA official nomination will follow with its procedure.”
Michelin had submitted a rival tended for the next three-year tyre contract.
2015 Russian Grand Prix
- Sponsor Watch: Mexico, USA and Russia
- Unrepentant Raikkonen says he would repeat Bottas move
- Perez earns first Driver of the Weekend win for three years
- Russia’s second grand prix gets higher rating
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript